Free Summer PD Opportunities
This Summer MTA is offering ten FREE two-day workshops at locations around the state where you’ll be able to earn PDPs towards your license renewal. We have member-designed workshops in English Language Learners, Special Education, Math and Arts that should meet the needs of many teachers, specialists, and counselors this Summer!
Quincy MTA Headquarters
- Creating Success with English Learner Students, July 12 & 19* (15 ELL/SEI PDPs)
*these are on 2 different dates intentionally
- Fine-Tuning Phonics Instruction for K-5 Educators, July 19 & 20 (15 SPED PDPs)
- Exploring Comics and Graphic Novels, July 23 & 24 (12 Arts PDPs)
- Solving Story Problems in Middle and High School Mathematics, July 23 & 24 (12 Math PDPs)
- Engagement Strategies to Reach and Teach All Students, July 10 & 11 (15 SPED PDPs)
Town of Harvard
- Teaching ELLs Through Culturally Relevant Children's Books, July 17 & 18 (15 ELL PDPs)
- Supporting Students with Special Needs in Your Classroom, July 17 & 18 (15 SPED PDPs)
- Universal Design for Learning, August 1 & 2 (15 SPED PDPs)
- Teaching Tolerance and Addressing Diversity in Schools, August 14 & 15 (15 ELL PDPs - Great for Counselors and Psychologists!)
- Weaving Social Emotional Learning for Special Needs Students, August 14 & 15 (15 SPED PDPs)
Registration will open on June 17 at 6:00 PM.
For descriptions and to register, please visit this link.
Looking for more opportunities to earn PDPs?
Be sure to check out MTA Summer Conference at UMass Amherst, August 5-8! Five 2-day workshops will earn you ELL or Special Ed PDPs, and there are dozens of 90-minute and 3-hour workshops to earn more hours towards your license requirements. Regular conference fees will apply.